tisdag 27 mars 2012

May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

“You love me. Real or not real?" 
I tell him, "Real.” 

"There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar. 

Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping." 
Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.
"She have another fellow?" asks Caesar. 
"I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta. 
"So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouraging-ly. 
"I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta. 
"Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified. 
Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.” 

“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.” 

“I don't want to lose the boy with the bread.” 

“Peeta, you said at the interview you’d had a crush on me forever. When did forever start?" 
"Oh, let’s see. I guess the first day of school. We were five. You had on a red plaid dress and your hair...it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out when we were waiting to line up." 
"Your father? Why?" 
"He said, ‘See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner.'" 
"What? You’re making that up!" 
"No, true story. And I said, 'A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could’ve had you?' And he said, 'Because when he sings...even the birds stop to listen.” 





Kram <3 

p.s Lite hungerspelen-frekad nu, vet ;) <3

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar